Below is information that may help you as you consider purchasing a hot tub. If your concerns are not addressed with the information below, please "Contact Us" and we will be happy to help you understand how fulfilling and simple the hot tub lifestyle can be. We’ve owned and enjoyed hot tubs for many years and want to help you enjoy the experiences. Once you "take the plunge," you’ll wonder why you took so long to make one of the best decisions you’ll ever make!
- How expensive are hot tubs? I’ve heard hot tubs are very expensive. Can I afford one?
- Can I finance all or part of the purchase price of my Hot Tub or Spa?
- How difficult are hot tubs to maintain?
- How expensive are hot tubs to operate?
- I don’t think I have the room for a hot tub. How much space will I need?
- How difficult are hot tubs to install? What am I responsible for?
- How long does the process take from beginning to end?
- There are so many sizes and so many different features. How do I make a decision about which brand and hot tub I should purchase?
- Q: How expensive are hot tubs? I've heard hot tubs are very expensive. Can I afford one?
- A: Hot tubs are like anything else in life - you get what you pay for! We don't view the purchase of a hot tub as a "cost" We view it as an "investment" in a better quality life.
How much would you pay to be able to sneak away 10 or 20 steps and slip into a warm liquid effervescent hug, to relax under the stars or early morning sky and take a 20 minute vacation from the cares of your world, and be able to do it any time you felt you needed a break from the activity that makes up your busy day?
We've been spoiled by our hot tub for many years. It's difficult to tell the story of what a hot tub means to us without using words like "relaxing", "restful", "vitalizing", "rejuvenating", "meditative", "fun", and even "romantic." We've enjoyed sharing our hot tub with friends, just relaxing under a beautiful clear Texas sky, commenting on the constellations and conversing about things bigger than even Orion. Our hot tub has allowed us to share quality time with those we enjoy being around. You'll have conversations with those dearest to you about things that are bigger than any of you. There's nothing that encourages communication like relaxing in a hot tub.
Until you slip into the indescribable liquid massage a hot tub provides it is impossible to determine the value of the experiences that accompany hot tub ownership.
We can calculate the dollar amount of hot tub ownership with the dollar amount being tied directly to capacity (size) and features (number of jets, technology, sound systems, lighting features, etc.). Only you can weigh the value of owning one of our quality Caldera® or Freeflow® brand hot tubs.
We know that owning a hot tub has enhanced our life experience. We often refer to life "pre' and "post" hot tub. There is a difference. Hot tubs are about "connections."
What's the cost of improved mobility and better feeling joints? How could we ever put a price on just one of the conversations we've had with our children under a beautiful starlit Texas night talking about "nothing" and at the same time "everything?" What are you missing? How much is it worth? Only you can decide. We are always happy to share our experiences. This we do know: You'll never regret the cost of your hot tub because ownership will be the beginning of many of the most valuable experiences you and your family can enjoy.
- Q: Can I finance all or part of the purchase price of my Hot Tub or Spa?
- A: Yes, and we can help!
The truth of the matter is that many people need a little help when making a major purchase such as a hot tub or spa. Our lending partners are familiar with our products and pricing and are eager to help our customer - you!
Come in and we will be happy to walk you through the application process. The forms are simple to complete, and, in most cases, we will have an answer for you within 24 hours.
We can provide you with details about both programs including current interest rates and minimum credit requirements. Many of our customers choose this option when purchasing their hot tubs or spas. We are expert at helping you make purchasing a hot tub or spa a very pleasant, stress-free experience - including financing options.
- Q: How difficult are hot tubs to maintain?
- A: That depends upon the brand. Caldera® and Freeflow® spas and hot tubs are noted for their ease of maintenance. Caldera has designed the filters and controls on their products to insure ease of use. Cleaning is also simple with the quality accessories available designed specifically for use with hot tubs. It has been our experience that maintaining a Caldera or Freeflow spa or hot tub is simpler than maintaining any other brands. Ease of maintenance was one of our top considerations when we purchased our Caldera hot tub years ago. Keep in mind that hot tubs are nothing like a pool. We'd estimate difficulty of maintenance someplace between a nice, hot bath and an above ground pool. They require some effort and attention. You'll want to take care of your hot tub as you would any other life enhancing product you might invest in. In most cases, maintaining your hot tub only takes minutes a week.
- Q: How expensive are hot tubs to operate?
- A: It is difficult to assess how much a hot tub would cost to operate. Cost of operation depends upon many factors including:
- how big the hot tub is,
- how often you use your hot tub,
- if you keep it clean and change the filter as recommended, and,
- the cost of electricity in your area.
We do know that as heat rises, the most important factor for energy efficiency is to make sure you have a tight fitting, specially constructed top cover. A properly designed and fitted cover seals the heat in and keeps the cold air out. Proper insulation is also critical for heat retention. As the water in your hot tub circulates through the system, having insulation injected into critical "gap" areas and spaces around the shell between the apron insures that heat loss will be minimal here. Look for hot tubs and spas that are properly insulated and feature a properly constructed, exclusively designed and fitted insulated cover for a tight, energy saving, seal.
Another consideration are controls. Electronic controls are simple to operate yet provide complex control and oversight of your hot tub's critical systems to save energy. Every energy saving feature incorporated into a hot tub is money in your pocket, year after enjoyable year. Caldera and Freeflow are constantly searching for ways to enhance your ownership experience. Quality manufacturing processes, superior materials, and perpetual innovation insure that Caldera and Freeflow spas and hot tubs will always provide cutting-edge Energy Saving Technology.
To read more about the energy saving advantages of investing in a Caldera® hot tub, click on the "More Information" button below.
- Q: I don't think I have the room for a hot tub. How much space will I need?
- A: How much space you need for a hot tub depends upon which model you choose. The largest hot tub takes no more than 64 square feet, approximately an 8' x 8' square area. Of course, you'll need clearance around the hot tub for proper access and regress and to perform needed maintenance. For more information we encourage you to stop by the showroom and take a look at the hot tubs. This will help you "envision" one in your back or side yard.
Visit our Library for documentation concerning clearances and other site preparation requirements for some of our more popular spas. The best information you can get is coming in and talking with us about your concerns. If you desire, we are happy to drop by your home and help you with some ideas of what would work in the area where you are considering placing your hot tub.
- Q: How difficult are hot tubs to install? What am I responsible for?
- A: There is nothing simpler to install than a Caldera® or Freeflow® portable spa or hot tub. You just make sure the location you have chosen for your spa can properly handle the load (around 120 lbs. per square foot), have access to culinary water and a 110v outlet. Place it, fill it, connect it and you're hot-tubbing! How much easier could it be?
Larger spas and hot tubs are not difficult to install. Like anything else in life, one just needs to have the proper information so they know what they are doing or know someone who can provide the service. We provide installation service with each new hot tub. The things you are responsible for is preparing the site, making sure the electricity hook-up is complete, and providing us adequate access to the site. We can provide referrals to qualified bonded contractors who will help with site preparation for your hot tub. Just let us know what help you need at the time of purchase. Some people are so busy that they just cannot imagine having one more thing to do. We are experts. We want your experience to be pleasant. Allow us to take you by the hand and effortlessly walk with you along this path to a more pleasant life. It's all part of our superior service philosophy.
- How long does the process take from beginning to end?
- A: The timeline for installation of your hot tub of course depends on many things. If you've purchased a portable spa or hot tub things are pretty simple. As mentioned earlier, just place it, fill it, and connect it. If you decide to purchase a larger spa or hot tub it will require a little more time and attention.
Generally, a hot tub or spa will take between 2 and 6 weeks from purchase to installation. We can provide you a much more accurate estimate once we know your situation. The time required can be estimated using three factors: model availability, the site being prepared properly, and completion of the proper, required electrical hook-up. When we know which brand and model you want we will be able to account for availability and any shipping time. It will also take some time to prepare the site for the hot tub and get the proper electrical connections in place.
We'd love to answer your questions and concerns. Your relaxing and comfortable new lifestyle should start with the first contact you have with a dealer. Let us worry about the things we are responsible for. We ask you to give us a chance to earn your trust... and your business!
- Q: There are so many sizes and so many different features. How do I make a decision about which brand and hot tub I should purchase?
- A: The most important things you can do is:
- Take some time to look at the Caldera® Spa Selector Tool at Caldera's web site as well as selection information available at Freeflow's web site. Links are provided below.
- Come into the showroom and take a look at the various hot tubs and features. You can make a much better decision if you will invest a little time in gathering information and coming in to get your specific concerns and questions answered.
For additional information that may help with your buying decision, Caldera Spas, an industry leader in design and manufacturing of hot tubs for decades, has assembled a list of "Helpful Tips For Buying a Hot Tub."
If you have any other concerns we encourage you to "Contact Us." We look forward to talking with you about this most exciting and enjoyable decision!